How to find a literary agent or publisher for your book
Get a Book Deal with a Publisher
If you want to get a publishing deal and more readers, you’ve got to know what publishers (and readers) buy and how to make your book stand out from the pack. Randy will tell you exactly what you need to know to get an agent or publisher to offer you a contract.
About This Episode
There’s the book you want to write and the book a publishers and readers will buy: Are they the same book?
Randy will tell you exactly what you need to know to get an agent or publisher to offer you a contract.
You will learn:
- What topics are hot and what’s not.
- The sales tool you need to sell a manuscript to a publisher.
- The quickest way to get an agent or publisher to stop in their tracks.
- The 1 thing to not do if you are serious about getting a publisher
- How to get cover endorsements when you don’t know famous people.
- The biggest mistakes authors make.
- The things you absolutely must do to make your book stand out.
- Details about your writing that publishers always look for.
- The biggest questions publishers ask before making a buying decision.
About The Guest
Randy Peyser pitches books to top literary agents and publishers. She works primarily with first-time authors. Her client’s books have been featured in Oprah Magazine, Time Magazine, on the Wall Street Journal Bestseller List, in airport bookstores, in Office Max and FedEx/Office stores, on Hallmark TV, and in other prominent media outlets.
Get This Episode
Discover how to use the element “Action Scenes” in a fiction story and learn how you can improve your writing now.
Discover how to use the element of Naming a Scene in a fiction story and share how you can improve your writing now.
Discover how to use the Characters in Motion of a fiction story and share how you can improve your writing now.